Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

I'm Not Dead Yet


I’ve never had the chance to post anything these couple of months. I had been on the process of adjusting to a lot of things. Last January, during the start of the year 2010, I vowed to tweak my life up a bit. I planned to get a new and better job that would give me more security, and something that would give more credits to my resume. I also planned to transfer to a new place, a better and bigger one. And ultimately I also decided to quit a toxic partnership that was not mutually rewarding from the very beginning.


It was my call, and I had to do something to make things better for myself.


All of those I achieved this month. After 7 longs months of waiting and planning and sacrificing, I finally got the things I planned in place. I got to finally quit this pseudo-relationship even long before the start of the second quarter (yeah, it was euthanasia on my part), I have finally transferred to a new home with a nice view and a nice garden outside, and I finally got the job that I was eyeing on since 2008.


More of it was because I prayed REALLY hard for things to change. When I was on my early 20s, I LOATHED change. And then there will come a point when you grow a bit old that you realize that things just NEED to change. Unfortunately for me by then, I was already tied up with a lot of things--- a good job, a nice home near my office, a sex partner.


And I didn’t like it.


I realized that everything I wanted was just outside of my comfort zone, and there is no other way to achieve them but to step out. It was painful, it was expensive, and I had countless sleepless nights.


I think by now I have fully adjusted. I am on field (coz I’m back to doing what I love most--- face to face sales like the one I had with Microsoft before), and I am eating my lunch here at my favorite corner at Starbucks as we speak.


I’m back.

8 comments:

  1. I really thought you already have a new blog. See, I do read your blog posts. :) Anyway, you remind me of something. Bernard and I have been talking about "changes," and medyo I'm still dilly-dallying because it means, like yours, moving to some place away from family and friends. Maybe I should talk to you. I can get some pointers and help me out make a good decision. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hay lem, the road to making change wasnt easy... saying that it's painful would be an understatement. i had countless nights crying and asking myslef if i dd the right thing. im not saying that things are perfect now, but i do know that it's right for me and that i'll thank myself one day. yeah, we need to talk, not just because i miss you, but because 60 years na ta wala nagkita. :) and yeah, i miss you jud diay...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear! to bad were no longer neighbors. :) wish you the best..

    ReplyDelete
  4. @dhon--- yeah, weird kaayo sya na ako nalang. bati ako mga neighbors diri, hehehe. i miss our carenderia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I finally found you! hahaha... Btw, we didn't have a despidida... tsk tsk tsk! I know you are happy now (hope so) coz you've been waiting for this perfect time to land a new career and of course a new place to stay away from your so called Pseudo-relationship. =) God bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, yeah... I like the "Tart-Tanilya" nick... Kyut kaayo. I'll see you really soon guys. When shit hits the fan here at my new office, I might end up going back to Mother Lexmark's loving arms :)

    ReplyDelete