Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

The Moon Is Beautiful. My No-Lovelife Lovelife Sucks.


I was jogging at the Ayala grounds last night, it was around 8PM when I started to do my warm-ups and stretches. I looked up and saw the moon in its utter perfection I thought I was looking at a huge perfectly Photoshoped image right above the sky.

It was BEAUTIFUL and ROMANTIC and I HATED it. That sight reminded me of lovers kissing and stargazing till they go tired. I've never had that since, I dunno, I couldn’t even remember anymore. I've been single and celibate for a long time now that I'm starting to forget the taste of a kiss, or watching the moon with someone holding my hand. Sucks right?

Anyway, I was glancing at the moon half the time I was jogging. It looked so pretty and strange that I started to wonder if it was some sort of astronomical phenomenon that I never heard of. I googled stuff up as soon as I got home and I was amazed that some people were quick enough to upload pictures of it already plus some weird-sounding scientific information (that I skipped without mercy).

It was called an occultation, and the bright thing above the crescent moon was the Planet Venus. For those who have seen it, consider yourself lucky coz it was only visible on the areas between Sumatra and the Philippines, and the next phenomenon will not be in until August 13, 2012.




2 comments:

  1. awesome story and perfect info...keep it up buddy...warren - call center agent 09329275047

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh hey... thanks for dropping a line warren :)

    ReplyDelete