Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Signing Off


If I never knew you
I'd have lived my whole life through
Empty as the sky
Never knowing why
Lost forever
If I never knew you

I just had my last performance with the Reigndition Band, and I bring with me a year full of great memories. One year of singing just flew by so quickly, it's as if I just had my audition with them 2 weeks ago. Not that singing matters not--- of course it does, and it will always have a warm spot in my heart--- but I need to focus more on my other priorities. Right now I'm single-handedly running Mamai's, and another small-time business, and my job with an IT company. For now, these are my training grounds and I have to leave singing behind as I embrace other aspects of myself.

To my band--- Vien, Kisha, Mia, Val, and Emmar (also Deo, Adela, and Chuckie)--- it was an honor working with you all. You guys are so great and so talented, and your talents will take you places, thats for sure. I will miss the stage. I will miss the beats. I will miss the lights. But what Im gonna miss most are the fun times that I get to spend with you. You guys are like family to me already.

But then again, music will always be a part of me and as you know, I am just temporarily clipping my wings.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for giving me the chance to hold the microphone. Not everybody who has this talent is given the opportunity you have bestowed on me. I am sincerely grateful.

And for my diva tantrums, I wouldnt apologize. You know from the very start what you're getting yourself into, hahaha. Kidding. :)

I will miss you all.

Keith Pareja, the musician, now signing off. For now.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :(
    Bungkag nman ang Reigndition Band keith. It was a little bit dissapointing but i have no choice. Some people just want to earn more money than following your passion and creating family or friendship within the group. Na-istoryahan nman siguro ka ni Kisha bout ani sah? Bout why nabungkag na jud mi totally.
    Anyways, Thank you too keith for being a part of this band. I do not repent that i choose you to be the male singer of our band. :)

    Matsalms...see you somewhere soOn!!! God Bless.

    ReplyDelete