Pages

Friday, October 2, 2009

SakSak Festival



Last week I was given the privilege to record the official festival song of the Sak-sak Festival of Samboan. The song was written and composed by Mr. Sam Costannila and was given life by the musical genius of Mr. Gani Villaroho, and of course interpreted by yours truly :)

It was truly an honor to have worked with such talents, I had about a week to study the demo, I dreaded for the day I'm finally putting my own touch to the music but these guys have been truly friendly and accommodating.

I would like to congratulate the officials of Samboan, spearheaded by Mayor Raymund Calderon for this wonderful festival song. It was formally launched last Sept 30 with Gov. Gwen Garcia as guest of Honor and speaker.

There are 10 Contingents of different local tribes who will be competing the Street Dancing and Grand showdown with the Festival song in place. Each tribe will show their best of dances and how Sak-Sak is popular in Samboan through dance steps and movements.


My apologies for being unable to come to your mardi gras, my work schedule's just been uber-crazy. :)

3 comments: