Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Inspiration

I haven't really shared this yet, but I have a HUGE adoration for the blog called Marc and Angel Hack Life. It has inspired me in a lot of ways, in fact, I open it like every other day to get bits and pieces of encouragement.

I shared this to my partner and he liked the whole idea of coming up with a website just like this, but we will position it only to Filipinos. The Filipino nation is whole different story--- we have our own set of trials and problems as a race, hence we get encouragement and inspiration in a unique sort of way.

On top of that, there are tons of things to inspire about--- Filipino OFWs, Jobless Pinoys, Pinoy music, Pinoy food, Gay Pinoys, Catholicism, Pinoy Callcenter stories (coz I'm a huge fan of Outsourced)--- the possibilities are actually endless.

A part from that, I will be making my own illustrations for this website. I'm thinking of children's book type of illustration like the one you see in every chapter of Harry Potter. I'm thinking of making our own website's Pinoy characters (remember Pugad Baboy?). And then we're gonna tap a few friends to contribute inspirational stories, too. And yes, Lem, I'm definitely thinking about you as I'm writing this. :)

That's just about it--- it's not the best idea in the world but we're both passionate about it and I think it's really fun and sweet that we get to have something together. It's better than getting a puppy (although yes, we're getting a puppy real soon). I dont even think we're the best people to come up with such a thing, but hey, this is all just for the love of fun, adventure, and inspiring people at the same time. Hubby has been a leadership lecturer for years (and is still actively doing it) and I'm pretty good at doing blahs and illustrations. All we need now is a bit more depth on HTML and stuff.

I'm in bed now and I'm sarting to build whole picture in my mind. I stopped and thought--- hmmm, POSIBLE. :)


2 comments:

  1. Go, Keith! You two have brilliant ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lem, I need lots of advice from you... Can we like sit down and talk about this over coffee? Coz three things: 1. i need your inputs 2. i haftu make up for canceling our supposed to be little get-together in manila last month, and 3. i miss you.

    so yes? are you in cebu bah?

    ReplyDelete