Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sense of Purpose


Rounding up my week-long birthday celebration is my Annual Birthday Feeding at the Eversely Child Sanitarium. I do thie every year with the help pf my family and friends. This year, I got to collect a huge deal of donations enough to make 100 people super happy.


Last night at the IT Park I picked up a box full of toys from good friend Mac. Today I got a HUGE bag of clothes from my Visayas counterpart, Charlotte. I got a handsome financial donation from CJ all the way from Manila, and I got pledges from Richard, Sanny, Amita and Arjay. There are people who are still willing to give and it's heartwarming to know that despite all the negativity we have at present-time, there are still angels who can make our visions come to life.

All I want is for people to see the impact of giving to the needy. It only takes one person to tap all the other people to help out. It takes one person to make a change. If we all take turns at leading the pack, then we get to inspire a lot of people, feed the hungry, and show them that they are loved. It doesnt even have to be a fancy charity event that feeds thousands, what is important is that we get to do it however small.


I had a tough childhood. Believe me, I know how it feels to be hungry and to go to bed starving. I know how it feels to go to school with tattered clothes and a pair of worn out slippers. And I know that immense joy you get when your stomach is grumbling, and someone gives you a plate of warm home-cooked meal.

I have done quite a number of feedings dating back from 2009. We have fed thousands of children and adults already from the activities we have done at Po-o in Sta. Rosa, DSWD Mandaue, Eversely Child Sanitarium and that area behind Whitegold, even in Iligan after Sendong. We have distributed food, slippers, clothes, school supplies and a lot more, all because of love.

The change you can instill to a hungry child is exponential. One of them could be a future brain surgeon, a future law-maker, the future president of this nation, a future teacher, a future parent. If you teach each one the importance of giving, then the world will be so much better for the generations after us. The logic is pretty simple. You reap what you sow--- cliche, but simple. :)

My Annual Birthday Feeding will be on Sunday. There is still much time to help. I still need more clothes, more donations to cover the total cost of the feeding (apparently I cant afford everything so I kinda need a little love from my friends). You may leave a message here, or thru my twitter or facebook account.

Spread the love. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment