Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Turning 30


I will be turning 30 in a few days. I ran down on my old diary and came across a little entry that I made, a list of anything I wanna do, own, buy or achieve before I turn 30. I made that list when I was 25 and it contained 28 items. I realized that my expectations were too high, and some of the wishes were ridiculously impossible (e.g. "marry my partner"--- marry who???... "grow a six-pack--- seriously???).

Nonetheless, I am ready to embrace life at 30. I am blessed with so many things, and most of my wishes have been granted by my loving Creator. I got myself a car, and the house Ive been dreaming of for myself is currently under "slow" construction (I didnt realize how much a bag of cement costs 5 years ago), I have a little business that's picking up and sustaining, I finally got to sing with a band and I'm really happy about it, I have a stable job, a life insurance with bonds and mutual funds for old age, I belong to a loving Church, I got to start my MBA at a reputable university, Ive got myself some savings and a healthy life. I'm healthy at this point and I've never felt better.

My 4 pamangkins are getting bigger each day, in fact Kaye is on her way to her 2nd year in high school and currently rocking the National-level Math Olympiad, Kirsten is doing great with her grades on 3rd grade, and Jammie and Jiboi's at their usual iPad-crazed selves. Mom and Dad are healthy and still very much in love with each other. My sister Angie and her family is doing alright in the US, my sister Kristine and her family are keeping pace, and my brother Kristoffer's got a job that he truly loves.

I get to see my close friends every once in a while. Most of them have left the country but I still feel blessed that I get to see them online and we still have those online parties as if we're just all in one room.

I am loved. I am surrounded by love. Let me just say that I am truly inspired these days, thanks to this wonderful person who's always willing to free up his schedule amidst his crazy flight schedules. This person who pulls me out from a busy day at the office to watch a random horror movie in Ayala. This person who sends me flowers just coz. This person who makes me feel like Im the most brilliant cook in the world, and still manages to smile even if my pasta experiment turned funky.

Right now, I still get to enjoy life. I get occasional trips to the gym, and I am able to enjoy a little free time at a quiet corner at Coffeebean. I still have a 20-20 vision so I still get to read my favorite books. I get to travel a lot with my job, and I get to enjoy Boracay every month (talk about perks). My life is at balance. I am so geared towards becoming the accomplished man I ought to become, and I get to appreciate the balance that I have among the many roles that I have in life: Christian, worker, friend, brother, uncle, businessman, singer.

In a few days, I will turn 30. I am blessed beyond what I expected, so turning 30 isnt too bad after all. They say life begins at 30. I say my life has begun many many years ago and it's getting better.

2 comments: