Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Oh, Santa!



I have been WAITING for this! From the time I saw the cover artwork (posted on my article Miss You Most on Christmas Time - No More) sometime more than a month ago, I have been incessantly googling up updates of this single. I just wanted to hear it ASAP, I dunno, maybe because Mariah Carey's album follow-ups make me nervous. I recall having the jitters back when Mariah came up with an Emancipation of Mimi sequel (E=MC2). I know it would always work well knowing how good a singer and composer Mariah is, but I'd always wish she'd choose to border on the safe side. And besides, her first Holiday album was perfection that the world could no sooner find a perfect successor, a follow-up is not TOO safe :)

Anyway, after hearing Oh Santa!, I thought this song will kick a lot of ass this Holiday season. This is all part of the Merry Christmas II You album set to release a week from now (Nov. 2, I think). Mariah composed 4 songs in this album which I think is great. I love her material and her usage of words is purely genius.


Now let's take a closer look at the cover artwork for the single Oh, Santa!. Mariah looks hot, thin, and photoshopped to perfection (as expected). Now we all know she gained weight, right? (Like who are we kidding?) After seeing her fall in some viral videos over Youtube on her concert in Singapore, I'm pretty sure Mariah dug up some really old photos of herself for this cover art. I should know, because I do it when I feel and look really really fat sometimes--- I post up some old pictures of my thin self as a main profile pic in Facebook to make it look like everything's doing ok. And hey, don't we all?

Now back to Mariah, I'm pretty sure this is going to again be a big hit. Yey :)

Photo Credit: http://loft965.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/mariahcarey_ohsanta-540x524.jpg?w=510&h=494


1 comment: