Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Smiling On Ash Wednesday

I woke up this morning after sleeping for like a couple of hours. I have completely reengineered my weekly workout routine. I found out that I have more energy when I get to sleep for 2-3 hours right after work and before I go to the gym. What's nicer is, the gym is less crowded at these times so I have the machines all by myself, plus I get to have my favorite locker spot.

It's Ash Wednesday and a lot of my friends are planning to hear mass today. I want to, but I hate it when I got to church alone when it's crowded. We'll see.

It's Ash Wednesday and I find myself smiling because it's usually one point of the year that I realize summer's coming. Summer's the best point of the year for me. I may always say that Christmas is my most favorite season, but nothing really tops the joy of summer--- the beach escapades, the outfits, the tan, the booze--- everything about it makes my soul leap with excitement.

Maybe because all the best memories of my life were spent on a summer time. All the most beautiful memories of my childhood happened on a summer. As a kid, I used to spend summer at either my grandparents' ancestral home in the province or in my Aunt's place with all my crazy cousins. As a teenager, I remember just hanging out, having a good time with the trunges, Atan, Tope, Karen, Jazzy, Kristina and Roi.

And then of course I will never ever fail to mention the cherry on top of my Summer sundae--- my birthday! I'm not as excited about it as I used to when I was still a kid, but hey, there's just but a million reasons to celebrate each year. My birthday is always the best time to get soooooo drunk and sooooo full and not feel guilty about the next day for packing up a million calories.

This summer, I have tons of great stuff lined up for me. I have a trip to Palawan come the Holy Week-- take note, the WHOLE week! And then I have another trip to Camotes with my team. A trip to Bora with some old friends, a mountain trek with the Laagans. And I think I'm an inch near to having a relationship. Finally. Yes, s'matteroffact I'm super inspired. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment