Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2009

27 and Counting~~~












I had by far the most memorable birthday celebration--- by a FAR mile.

Apart from claiming this as this year's biggest and grandest day of my life, March 28 is also when we celebrate Earth Hour (which means so much to me since I'm a big advocate on anything and everything that's to be done for the love of Mother Nature).

The past 3 weeks had been really tough for me. As you know, my Dad had been admitted to the ICU due to heart failure and I had been struggling financially since then. Other than that, I was nearing towards the end of my first sales quarter at work, which means that I'm always on the thickest of things and I barely had time to breathe in between tasks and to-do's. I barely have time to think on how to think things through some really complex tasks--- they just come and go and by God's grace I'm still sane at this point :)

The nicest thing about celebrating your birthday is you get to appreciate what you have. This year I realized that money never really was an issue-- you can have the time of your life even if you have practically nothing. I just had one :) The love I had around me was THE party in itself.

I shouldn’t let this post pass without getting to thank the people who have been with me through thick and thin. Thank you to my ever-supportive family, we are closer now more than ever and I thank God for that. To my Lexmark family, thank you for the cake and the food and the surprise celebration. To my friends at work~ especially my supplies family, Nina, Marla, Angel, Alphie and the rest, my NA Channel and warranties friends, thank you for the celebration. To my Microsoft family for the support that knows no bounderies and distance, thank you. To the Laagans (Atan, Tope, Deo and Vanz, Bao, Sanny and Mede, Arjay and Nicky, Jazzy and Chai), for always giving me a reason to smile on these tough times and for helping me out financially when my Dad got hospitalized. To my friends at the gym~ Cleff, Jude, Kristianne, Max, etc for always making me laugh. To Adong for the BBQ party he set-up (I know nakatapal ka cuz, hehehe), thank you so much! To my roommate Marcial for the dinner party, to my Doce friends for the hugs and "kisses" hahaha--- thank you, thank you, thank you.








No comments:

Post a Comment