Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Saving the Best and The Worst for Last



I'm back from my 9-day trip to Palawan and from the airport I went straight to the office to work. I woke up around 5AM so I could wake all the other guys up for the most exciting part of the trip--- a trip to one of the Greatest Natural Wonders of the world, the Palawan Subterranean River.

We finished the trip before lunch and I was already feeling a bit groggy as our driver brought us back to the city--- I think we were on the road for more than a couple of hours. I would've wanted to sleep in the car but the view outside was just to awesome to miss. And besides, this is my last day in Palawan so I better have my spare bio-battery activated.

We then had a trip to the city's palengke to buy our pasalubongs. It was hot, and I was sweating all over. My white no longer looked white. The palengke is a jungle~ anything can happen within the next couple of hours so there was no way for me to stay tatanga-tanga.

At this point my biggest ambition in life was just to be in bed with my big pillows and the aircon at super-cool mode.

We arrived at the Puerto-Princessa Airport 2 hours before our flight because there was nothing else to do in the city. I thought I could rest but the waiting lounge was packed I could barely raise a leg.

We took the afternoon flight and arrived at the Mactan-Cebu International Airport a couple of hours before my shift, just enough for me to brave the evening city traffic heading home and take a super-quick shower. I didn’t even have the time to unpack my pasalubongs.

I am now sitting at my desk, light-headed and on my nth stick. I think I'm gonna puke in a few seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment