Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Beautiful Bullshit Sweet n' Spicy Buffalo Wings


A lot of people have asked me about my Sweet n' Spicy Buffalo Wings recipe. I brought a big serving good for 20-something people in the office during Karen's birthday and all of a sudden I'm being bombarded by a lot of inquiries about it.

I should think of it as a compliment, I mean, no one would bother asking if they didn’t like it in the first place. :)

I don’t want to disclose my exact proportions (and the exact ingredients) coz it took me like 20 trials to come up with my own. But for friendship's sake, here's a little improvised recipe that I designed, and don’t worry, it yields almost the same results.

.



Chicken base:
1 kilo chicken wings
1 cup cornstarch
2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
Salt and black pepper to taste

Sauce:
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons kimchi sauce
Garlic, minced
Red bell pepper
Chili flakes

Mix cornstarch, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to make the breading. Bread the chicken and deep fry until it gets golden brown.

For the sauce, saute the minced garlic, red bell pepper, cayenne pepper and chili flakes. Under low fire, add in the soy sauce, kimchi sauce, honey, brown sugar, water and balsamic vinegar. Mix until the sauce gets thick. Add in the fried chicken and top with a dash of cayenne pepper.

There--- my Beautiful Bullshit Sweet n' Spicy Buffalo Wings.


*For orders, please contact me personally. Thanks!





No comments:

Post a Comment