Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Disciple




I have accepted a new job offer from another IT company and for the first time in my professional life, I started to have some jitters. I feel like I'm not ready to take on this big a challenge just yet. I just had a rundown on the details of my new job, and personally I found it easy. My only fear comes from the fact that my current employer, Microsoft, had been utterly kind to me in ways that I couldnt even expound. I'm afraid this new and bigger company that I would soon be with would be too strict, too serious, to uptight. I'm just not that kind of person. For so many years, I simply come to the office wearing jeans and sneakers and a knack at sales--- and everything that I have done so far were accomplished just within my comfort zones.

I am now currently undergoing some do-it-yourself sales refresher. For 2 days now I have immersed myself on a lot of Jon Maxwell and Zig Ziglar audiobooks. It's been a breath of fresh air so far. There are things that you think you've already mastered, but there are certainly a lot of things that you get to overlook as the years go by. My boss gave me this brilliant idea to go on self-help. After all, he says, that sales is a discipline.

It's a discipline.

For the longest time, I only saw it just as a job. But now that I have come to terms with a bigger challenge to come, I need to equip myself. There is no other way but up and I am held responsible for myself and this opportunity.




3 comments: