Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

No Miss, it's J for "JOAT"

I had my second ear pierce the other day and so the first thing that I did when I got home was to look for my old stud earrings--- the ones that I used back in 2006 (yeah, I still have them). I wanted to have them cleaned and polished at the nearest shop that sells silver.

I headed back to the mall, and as I was waiting for them to polish it, the lady issued me a receipt. I had to write my name and signature, so I signed it and just wrote "KEITH" on the name portion.

She took the receipt and then returned and said "Sir, butangi'g apelyido".

I was busy texting, and she gave me this impatient look so I asked her to write it for me instead. I said--- "PAREJA".

She took the pen and answered, "spiling, Sir?"

I murmured "P-A-R-E-J-A".

She wrote the letters one by one and in a loud voice she said "P...E...R...E...--- Sir J as in JAR or J as in goat?"

The other saleslady interrupted her and with a wide grin she said "Pag-churrr diha yadj oi, G ba! Liter G! Jar... JARRR... hala oi... Pa--reee---HA gani...! Pasensya na Sir, hala oi, awa gikataw-an kang Sir, yadj... hahaha. Double E na cya, Sir".

I wasnt really laughing--- I was in total awe! I was mesmerized by the cuteness of the conversation and at the same time I was irritated by this whole charade. I even started to have a split-second assumption that I was in Wow Mali, but heck they were dead serious about the J versus G war!


With a smirk I just said "Forget it... Just write--uhmmmm (while looking around)--- TAN, para mahuman ta, Miss."

I could imagine how hard it could get if my last name was Gyllenhaal. Or Heidenrich. Or Lhuiller. Or Solzhenitzyn. hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment