Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cordillera Trip

My friends and I (I'm referring to the Laagans) have this tradition of going out of town every summer. Most of the time we hold it during the Holy Week because that is when all of us can just easily file leaves alongside the non-working Maundy Thursdays and Good Fridays.

We have practically conquered all the major spots in the Visayas and Mindanao--- Siargao, Leyte, Siquijor, Dumaguete, Davao, Cagayan, Iligan, Gensan, Iloilo, Bukidnon---name it. I think the only part we haven't visited are the war-stricken areas in the South, my god that would be really exciting.

Last year, we went to Palawan and spent 9 days hopping from one area to another. Palawan is a BIG place, and 9 days of vacation was not even enough for us to explore it's southern part. However, we were fortunate enough to conquer Buswanga (Coron), Puerto Princessa, the famous Underwater River, and of course El Nido.

We vowed to come up with a better vacation this year. Everyone is pressured to come up with a plan, coz Palawan indeed is a tough act to follow (they wouldn’t call it "The Last Frontier" for no reason at all, right?)

Anyway, the other day I met a mountaineer from Manila and he told me that a Cordillera trip would be awesome. He gave me one awesome itinerary of places to go and things to do in the Cordilleras and other nearby places. I googled all of them as soon as I went home, and I liked everything about it. Everyone approved. :)

Everything will start in Manila. Then we go to Benguet, camp at Bangeg, take a trail to Mt. Pulag, meet the Ifugaos at I forgot the name of the place, go to Baguio, island hop at Pangasinan and surf at La Union. The whole trip sounds really exciting, and it will take around 8 days.

This is what I'm gonna see at Mt. Pulag. And I cant wait to wear an Ifugao costume, hahaha.



So there, right now, I'm doing the final touches for the itinerary. Weeeh.

3 comments: