Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

My Beautiful Bullshit Tuna Alfredo



Today I decided to cook a pasta dish that I was so itching to whip up since last week. This was actually inspired from Chef Rosebud Benitez's version of the Chicken Alfredo Pasta, but I would like to add my personal touch to it by putting tuna instead of chicken.

While I was at the grocery store looking for ingredients, I had the toughest challenge of looking for the perfect penne regate, found none so I got tempted to cook carbonara instead.

I however went the extra mile to hop to Rustans and found the penne regate that I was really looking for so there, I saw the dreams of my Tuna Alfredo dish come to life little by little.

I gave it all my energy. No, I didn’t want to cook carbonara. Besides, I always have my biases on anything that has the name "Alfredo" on it. :)

Anyways, here's my recipe.

1/2 kilo penne regate
Chicken Stock
1 can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom
1 tall can evaporated milk
3 big cans of tuna or 1/2 kl water packed tuna
1 onion
2 cloves of garlic
Red bell pepper

Preparation:

You know how to cook pasta right? Lets skip that and go directly to the sauce.

Blend the 2 cloves of garlic until you achieve a paste-like consistency. Saute the onions, bell pepper, garlic and tuna. Add the Cream of mushroom, then the milk and wait till it thickens.

There. My Beautiful Bullshit Tuna Alfredo Pasta whatever done in less than 10 minutes.

Talbog si Chef Rosebud :)

1 comment: