Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Slouch


I only get to work 4 days this week instead of 5 since it will be the Independence Day Celebration in the US this July 3. One day vacation for me these days would mean a lot--- it could save my life as a matter of fact. I still have the biggest hang-over from the sick-leave I had last week coz I'd like to think I'm totally well but I had recurring headaches for the past couple of days reason for me to concede to the validation that I still need a lot of bed rest.

Missing Home. I miss home and the kids. I keep on looking at my nieces' and nephews' pics when it gets really lonely.

On Being Cared For. The other day, my Mom and Dad came to visit me here in the city and for the first time in the longest time I felt like their baby again. I have somehow forgotten feeling of being the one who was cared for by my parents.

Dumb. I have been out of the office for a week, and now Im back to work. I so want to be on top of my game this week, but I'm having quite a challenge at switching gears. I feel dumb actually. I'd like to think that this is just a phase, and I'd wake up next week to find myself back in perfect corporate shape.

Manager's Appreciation Award. This week aint all that bad. In fact I had the greatest come back last Monday when my bosses and colleagues surprised me with an awesome token of appreciation (and some cash, hehehe). I am pretty convinced now, and beaming with delight, at the amount of good karma that I'm able to burn-off on this seemingly thankless job. I thank you all for giving me this award, it means a lot to me really.

Bun's Home. Bunster's home from a long business trip in Bangkok and Singapore, and then a wedding in Davao. Crazy couple weeks that was for him, poor Bunster. But he's now back and (thankfully) AH1N1-free. We have scheduled a trip to Bantayan Island this weekend by the way, and I'm excited about the fact that this is going to be our first out of town trip together. *asus*

No comments:

Post a Comment