Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Goodbye President Cory...

Media is buzzing about the death of former President Cory Aquino. The woman was indeed a hero, I mean, she led an imperfect administration (just like all the leaders of the world), but the national values she stood for really changed the face of our country and I applaud her for that.





I wanted to watch decent news about the whole thing--- you know, perhaps some inspiring stories about Cory when she was young, when she was with Ninoy, when she was bravely fighting for change--- but nada.

Everytime I watch TV, all I see is the face of Kris Aquino, you know, with her usual uber-dramatic look.

Kris Aquino in The Buzz. Kris Aquino in Umagang Kay Ganda, Kris Aquino in TV Patrol. Kris Aquino in Bandila. Kris Aquino in commercials in between. And the cycle went on and on since a couple of days back.



Tomorrow wont be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment