Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

I couldve just taken the 5 days off and ran



Last Monday I went to the office and my eyes were already itching a bit. They've been itching " a bit" since Sunday morning and that time I thought that it was just because of the booze and the cigarettes that I had that night.

I logged in, answered a few emails and noticed that it was getting itchier and itchier every minute. So I decided to go and get myself checked at our company clinic. I spoke to the doctor briefly, asked me a few questions and later on handed me a piece paper that said:

Acute Conjuncti-chuchu-whatever. Both eyes.

Rest for 5 days.

Call me a martyr but I immediately said, "Doc, don't you think5 days is too long for me to be on sick leave?

Doc: I advise you to stay out of the office because as you know, sore eyes is contagious.

Me: How about 4 days. It's the last month of my sales quarter, my managers will kill me!

Doc: Then let me call your manager. I'll talk to him.

Me: Uhm--- her. Four days doc, I promise I'll be back with my normal dazzling hazel brown eyes, Promezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…

Doc: Ok, you can come back after 4 days but that's gonna be your check-up. No guarantees that you can come back to work again just yet.

Me: Good, then how about 3 days. I can come and get myself checked in 3 days. I will be well by then for sure.

Doc: Fine. 3 days. No guarantees. Here's your prescription.


As I was walking home, I realized that I couldve just taken the 5 days off and ran. But then I guess some of just love their jobs too much that they forgo how ill they feel and just go on with the day for the love of service. Count me as one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment