Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Memoirs Of A Still-In-Denial Aging Popstar


I downloaded Mariah’s new single Obsessed and I didn’t like it. At all. It sounded too processed it felt like eating canned goods for 2 straight months. It sounded like they entered it into a sound machine to come up with a distinct sound. Well it might have worked for Cher and Kanye West but really, it doesn’t justify enough to “process” Mariah’s voice. People!

Going back, the single will now be part of a new album called Memoirs of An Imperfect Angel. I know, I know---the album name sounds like a blog title of some random fag. Hahaha. Why not call this album “Memoirs Of A Still-In-Denial Aging Popstar”?

Heniweys, Mariah’s 12th studio album, "Memoirs Of An Imperfect Angel," will be out on August 25 and for the first time I’m not excited.

I’m missing vintage Mariah. The one who had big teeth and whistled a lot. The one who sang ballads only she could render note-perfect. The one who sang those never-attempt-to-sing-this-at-American-Idol-else-you-blaspheme-the-great-mariah-and-you-loser-are-so-gonna-get-voted-off-tomorrow kinds of songs. That’s the kind of Mariah I want to hear again. Shes what? 30-something? She should be back to making the songs she’s really known for.

Just a word of advice from a big fan.

1 comment: