Pages

Friday, January 9, 2009

Ode To My Half-Consumed Marlboro




I felt dejected when I saw my monthly sales performance
So I cupped my hands and blew one big sigh
I felt my pocket to where I placed my box of cigarettes
I took out one stick and went downstairs to smoke

It’s cold outside, again it’s about to rain
I lit my stick and blew one big puff of smoke
And there I saw you parking your car
The car where we used to make out and fight

I haven’t seen you in ages that’s for sure
You looked clean with your orange shirt
And I can smell your Burberry cologne from afar
And you looked at me, I thought you’d smile But you didn’t.

You walked to my direction, still you’re face was blank
I stood in my spot, the cigarette still clipped in my lips
And you came in front of me, took the stick from my mouth
And stepped on my poor little half-consumed Marlboro

You walked away saying nothing
And I stood there cold and solid
My mind was shouting “what the f***k is wrong with you!!!”
But my mouth just uttered one feeble “errrrrr…”

I walked up to my office still caught in disbelief
Sat down and ate a handful of peanuts
I turned my speakers on. I need some bitch-slap
And David Cook sang ‘oh darling coz you’ll always be my Baby…”

No comments:

Post a Comment