Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sinulog Is In the Air




Today is the first day of the Novena for the fiesta celebration of Señor Sto. Nino. I have always been a devotee of the Holy Child and this year, as a form of thanksgiving for all the wonderful blessings I received, I dedicated time and effort to go to the Basilica to light a candle to honor his feast.


I was told that there was a procession that morning, I wasn't able to join though--- I need to work. But that didnt stop me from going to church that very afternoon, Day 1 is super important. There were hundreds of devotees lining up to join the Novena when I arrived at around 6-ish. And dang, there were a lot of cute guys (another good reason for me to go back).
I remember one of my childhood friends saying: "Managkot ta's Santo Niño oi kay basin makakita tag artista!!!!"... Hahaha, silly thought, but who knows right???

Anyhoo, I hope to pay at least one or two more Novenas in the Basilica and attend a Sunday mass before the Sinulog. Then I'll totally have the license to PARTY my ass off after that.

Pit Señor!











1 comment: